Saturday, February 6, 2010

progress despite the consumption...cough, cough



Ok, I'm a bit type A, I'll admit it...I want to do things right when I want to do them...waiting patiently has never been a strong suit of mine. So, waiting for this weekend (from last weekend) to paint and arrange my new sewing room (mine! all mine!!) has been slow torture. Especially so because this past week seemed to last FOREVER. It's f#@%ing cold, gray and miserable out...and Mike and I have this horrifying chest cold. No one else in the house does...just us. Hacking and coughing our brains out in some sort of consumptive mating call....the hubby starts coughing, in the most annoying way a human can, I must add, and as soon as he is done I answer back with my own gutteral, rib cracking , nasty cough...sigh...all day and unfortunately all night long...for. a. solid. week. not much sleep happening 'round here these days. But, I mustered my most disciplined (or perhaps kookoo kraaazy uptight self) and got the room painted and all my stuff brought up. The boy is away at his Dad's for the weekend so I really wanted him to come home to his room empty of my sewing paraphernalia. I have been fantasizing (at night, while not sleeping) about how I will set the room up and how i will decorate it, unfortunately my sense of space seems to grow in my mind in the middle of the night. Maybe this is the same phenomena that causes the problems you are worrying about to seem huge and insurmountable when you think about them at 2 AM but normal sized and manageable in the cold light of day. Anyway, the room is about 1/3 the size I think it is (7.5' x 7.5') ..teeny, weeny. But it does have a skylight that lets in sooo much light all day long...it kind of feels like a treehouse.


As you can see from my not very good photos I tried to go with that idea by putting my Blair Witch Project (as my family calls them) branches in the skylight, along with some fairy lights...hopefully having the room welcoming and cozy at night will inspire me to find some ooomph at the end of the day to squeeze a little more sewing in.

Hope you are all having a nice weekend and now I am off to have dinner and a glass or two...
Cheers! (cough, cough, cough)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the sewing room! I hope you feel better, too. Wine always helps, I will be having a glass here myself soon. Now you can work on things and LEAVE THEM OUT when you are not done, isn't that the bestest part of a room of your own? But, you are probably more organized then me in that respect. Anyways, hope you get some sleep, and happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous of your sewing room, it's looking good so far! Oh, and my husband has the most annoying cough ever, way more annoying than mine ever is...

    ReplyDelete