Saturday, October 26, 2013

a bit of a disaster

So we've come to the end of another trying week. There was a moment where I almost wept with the tedium of it all...only to find out the next morning that a very close relative has a mass on his brain...I'll take tedium,  thank you very much. I'm not sure why I continue to be surprised when these twists and turns happen...and I wish that I was better at enjoying the time in between the stressful periods. I'm working on it. 

Work continues, incrementally, on the basement. I plan on immersing myself in it this weekend. I am finding it very therapeutic to transform this space...it is amazing what paint can do.

We went to a party at Lils school last night, the Boo Bash...and made these cupcakes:



Doesn't she look happy? ummm, no....5 o'clock, after a full day of school is never a good time for a project...I get such a kick out of the strained, manic smile! ha!!!

Needless to say, the Boo Bash was a bit of a disaster for this girl....too late, too loud, just too much...we came home had risotto with peas and parm and went to bed...much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment