Monday, June 29, 2009

I'm in love



.....with the Anna Maria Horner Good Folks fabric that my indulgent children gave me for Mother's Day....If you remember from my Mother's Day post I thought I might use the fabric for a makeover for our bedroom...well, I didn't quite accomplish a makeover since I never got around to painting but I did manage to make a new duvet cover and pillowcases and some curtains for my bathroom...pictures are kind of dark...still raining here...but you get the picture ;)

The kids gave me 2 yards each of the AMH fabric and I used 8 yards(90 inches wide) of my favorite Kona Muslin. For the duvet I inserted a 24 inch stripe of the floral fabric off center on the front of the cover and then with the left over fabric I made 3 sets of pillowcases. One set is plain muslin, another has a stripe of the floral and the BEST set has a wide band of the floral on one side and the "geometric" fabric on the other side. The best thing about this new bedding is that it feels so soft and smooth...can't wait to crawl in to bed tonight!



These are the bathroom curtains...I love red with pale blue but I think I'll have to do a little more accessorizing to make this work...don't the designs look like cat faces?






3 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful - all of it!!

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jennifer... you are so amazing! They are gorgeous. Sweet dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I like how it's just accents rather than all-over-overwhelming, lovely fabric!

    ReplyDelete