Monday, January 31, 2011

Chalkboard Tree


so...I think the tree did turn out pretty cool! or maybe I am just driven mad by the snow...15 - 20 inches more tomorrow...ha...hahaha...hahahahahaha

aaaanyway...my former sewing room turned playroom needed a little something to funkify it...and I have a can of chalkboard paint that needed using up...and I have been wishing I could copy Lightbluegray's gorgeous tree...and voila! I just drew the tree shape on the wall with pencil, painted it in with two coats of the chalkboard paint and then cut out bunches of leaves from my huge basket of fabric scraps. I stuck the leaves and squirrels to the wall using a cornstarch paste (recipe here) which is supposed to make it so the fabric can just peel off the wall when you want to change it up.

what do you think? cool or crazy?

4 comments:

  1. Cool! I'm using chaldboard paint in my remodel of the kids room, but nothing as funky as a tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely cool.

    Happy 3rd birthday to your littlest one - they grow so fast.

    take care,

    Nina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks nice, I like the fabric leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy cool! Which is the best kind of cool there is. Brilliant idea, this. I love those brightly patterned leaves!

    ReplyDelete