Thursday, October 14, 2010

dinner tonight


Since I've given myself a bit of a break from sewing for a while I have my nap times free...free to do something that makes me happy..and cooking makes me very happy....especially when I am not rushed and can just enjoy each step. Tonight's dinner is my barely homemade but really good 3 bean chili...this is what i do:

saute an onion in a little bit of olive oil
add one red bell pepper chopped (today I used 3 small red and green peppers from my MIL's garden)
add about 10 pickled jalapeno slices, chopped
push veggies to the side once they are a bit soft and then add a package of ground turkey, brown it up
add:
a package of chili seasoning mix, or if I don't have that I add a tablespoon of cumin, tablespoon of chili powder (mild) and salt and pepper
one jar of marinara sauce
one small can each of 3 different beans
water to desired thickness (about 1-2 cups)
let it simmer for 40 minutes

I sometimes serve this alone...what more can these people I live with expect from me?... or, if I'm feeling generous and kind I will make a salad and if I am positively relaxed, and possibly a little drunk, I will make cornbread, from the little blue box of course and add in some cheddar cheese and pickled jalapenos.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Thanks for stopping by my blog :). You are certainly welcome to copy my tree shape, thanks for the compliment! The shape was actually inspired by the background trees in the Christmas classic 'Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.':)

    Your chili sounds good, I was actually planning on making chili for dinner tonight. Have fun making your advent calendar!

    ReplyDelete